Layout Image

Broadside Online Web Logo

Layout Image

Monday, April 9, 2007

Mission Disclosed!

According to my So You Want To Be a Bad-Ass Blogger book every good blogger should start off with the following, an amusing recreation of an old programming standard:

Hello World!

That out of the way, since I am one out of a number of bloggers contributing to this, the Broadside Online's blog, I figured I should introduce myself.

My name is Aram Zucker-Scharff, I'm a Jewish New Yorker liberal from a long line of Jewish New Yorker liberals. As such, you've probably made an assumption about me already that is wrong. I do not, nor shall I ever, support Hillary Clinton. Thanks for asking. I have strong opinions about a great many things (like any good blogger really) and I'm not afraid to speak out about them. I'm not that Politically Correct when I do my speaking out either, try not to take it to personally.

Oh and I hate - hate - Giuliani.

I'm perusing both a Bachelor of the Science in Information Technology and a Bachelor of the Arts in English. The way I found out about this job (to use the word loosely) is because I'm a copy editor for the paper version of Broadside (that means I'm the one who makes sure your periods are in order and your transitional paragraphs are in place). Though I promise to bring a measure of those skills here to my posts on the B-side Blog, I won't be nearly as stringent here as I would be on paper because, hey let us be serious now, this is a weblog. Anyway, now that you know what my primary interests are, I hope you'll be more understanding if I should go off on a tangent about technological convergence, or how blogs like this one (presumably written by crazy shmucks like myself) are destroying the English language.

All that said, make no mistake, my reports will be slanted, my opinions biased, my ideas filled with ulterior motives. I'm not a reporter, I'm a blogger (which means all of the previous will be filled with a healthy dose of sarcasm as well), if you've got a problem with it, I invite you to argue with me. Please! I enjoy a good argument, even in digital. Just be prepared with proof, because I guarantee you that I'll be able to back up my arguments.

There, I think my obligations towards introduction are complete. Chances are, much like the announcement of Mission Accomplished, this will be far too little to prepare you for what remains ahead.

Well then… prepare for a proper blogging!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

get it zs! rock the blog!

 

Home | News | Opinion | Style | Sports | Exchange | Advertising | About
Podcasts | Videos | Photo Gallery | Blogs | Calendar

layout image
layout image