Layout Image

Broadside Online Web Logo

Layout Image

Sunday, May 20, 2007

I am bored.

Hey guys!
So the summer is here, finally for Mason students. And while some of us may have fun and exciting adventures overseas to places that will be the envy of all your friends come August, others such as myself might lead semi-exciting breaks but have more boring moments that hitch-hiking my way across the Netherlands.
As much as I hate to admit this, I hate to be bored. So now, that all my television shows are over for the summer and there is no reading to keep me busy all I have is my jobs and a family vacation to look forward to this summer, which is nice don't get me wrong. Right now, I am locked up in my home in New York on crutches and slowly needing to get out of the house because there is only so much HBO movies and television shows on dvd box sets that I can watch.
I wanted to talk about all my favorite shows ending. Why am I not surprised? I am going to start off with Grey's. Like, I mean no matter how hard you were rooting for Burke and Christina, you knew it wasn't going to happen. Sure, they threw a curve ball here or there like Dr. Derek "McDreamy" Shepard, not taking the Chief of Surgery position and Meredith's long-lost step sister or whatever you want to call her entering the Intern Program at Seattle. Is it that shocking that they leave you for the summer with all these problems? No. They want you to come back.
Ugly Betty had the biggest shockers. Betty professed her "undying love" to her geeky accountant friend, while she found out her boy was jetting off to Arizona with his girlfriend who may or may not have his baby. Amanda, receptionist extrodinare, just also discovered her mother is the legendary Faye Summers. And Betty's sister does not get the happy ending she wanted. Her finace and her kid's dad was shot in a robbery, going to their son's play. Tear, Tear. (That whole problem was getting to dry). Great eppie, but I had one major problem. More Kristin Chenoweth who made a guest spot, as a dental tech who got too wrapped up in Betty's life. She stole so many of the scenes.
Gilmore Girls ended its seven year run, with its great lines and quick pace. End result: Rory, set out to conquer the world with Barack Obama's campaign in tow and Lorelai, of course, ended up with Luke and the show closed with the happy music and everybody hugging. Can we say Oprah moment?
Lost, oooo the suspense is killing me. It sorta is, actually in some way. I mean they are putting out huge clues every week about what is the island and all those questions fans want to know? I guess they have to because I mean the clock is ticking, ABC has given them 3 more seasons before they give them the ax. Surprise, surprise. We want to know stuff and ABC knows that. It can't be stretched out.
So while we all wait in anticipation for our favorite television shows in the fall to start again. ABC and the other networks have already been starting to advertise for their new "hopeful" big hits like Grey's Anatomy spin-off, Private Practice, about Addison jetting off to Cali to gain some perspective. And another show about some guy that talks, no wait, brings dead people back to life to help them find their killers and what-not called Pushing Daisies with Jim Dale, as the narrator, Chi McBride, and (in my opinion, the fantastic)Kristin Chenoweth. Been there, done that. But we shall see. We shall see also, if viewers get entertained by new shows for the summer like Traveler and National Bingo Night (yeah, I am messing with you for the last one, I am not a game show fan). Hey, if you got a boring summer planned, just turn on the television and hope that you get entertained by Paris Hilton's latest fiasco of possible jail time. Well, I guess that is all for now.
Signing off,
Sam

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fey Sommers*, if you want to be specific about the spelling.

And the end of the "regular" season of shows just means the start of some great summer shows on the cable networks...USA and TBS should have some good stuff this year (6th season of Monk starts July 13!).

See you next year,
-Ravi

 

Home | News | Opinion | Style | Sports | Exchange | Advertising | About
Podcasts | Videos | Photo Gallery | Blogs | Calendar

layout image
layout image